Universal House of Justice Ridvan Message 2010: A Context
Freedom of Conscience
2010-06-13 17:34:00 UTC
This is the same old tired nonsensical argument that avoids the
unambiguous words of Shoghi Effendi and which adds to the Writings
assumptions that are not necessarily correct. Everyone is free to
believe as they wish, and if it gives people comfort to hold
irrational positions and find comfort that there are many others
holding to the same false tenets, that is fine with me. But for those
who might be fooled by these arguments, I urge you to study the Faith
independently and to fully vet the issues for yourself. The reality
is that either the Baha'i Faith has a Guardian or its a false
religion--- its own verities being discredited and disproven.
There's another possibility I invite people to consider. It is that
the Authentic Covenant of Abdul-Baha was delivered in 1912 in New York,
the City of the Covenant, which is why New York came to be called that,
as widely recognized and acknowledged by the early Bahais and repeatedly
published in the Star of the West. For details, see

Abdul-Baha's 1912 Authentic Covenant
http://www.reformbahai.org/Covenant.html

It was never Abdul-Baha's intention that the Bahai Faith have a pope-like,
imamate, i.e., the so-called guardianship. There is the fact that all
Baha'is of the various denominations that claim the fraudulent will and
testament of 1921 is true fail to confront. The truth of the written
record can be read by anyone interested and willing to make the effort.
Moreover, either Shoghi Effendi was right that the Cause must have a
Guardian to perform very real functions that only a living human being
can perform, or else the Faith is mutilated, or he was wrong. I think
our first Guardian was correct.
While I respect the conscience of Baha'is who believe Shoghi Effendi
was appointed in 1921 by Abdul-Baha, it is an historically fact that
the will and testament was NEVER authenticated as any legitimate
will and testament today or even at the time would have been. Further,
it was judged by one of the most qualified forensic researchers of the
time, Dr. C. Ainsworth Mitchell of the British Museum, to be written
by three different people. NEVER has Dr. Mitchell's finding been proven
to be false. He and it have merely been slandered and malign by
subsequent Baha'is that all seek to use the forged instrument to their
worldly advantage.

Dr. C. (Charles) Ainsworth Mitchell - Certified Copy from the Library of Congress
Report on the Writing Shown on the Photographs of the Alleged Will of Abdu'l-Baha. 1930.
http://www.reformbahai.org/CAMitchell_Report.html

Jeffery, as a lawyer, you understand WHY the acceptance of a legal document
such as a will can only be based on an independent and reliable assessment of
its validity. Shoghi Effendi and other Baha'is who stood to benefit from
its acceptance by the early Bahai community merely claimed it was true
and then proceeded to harass and brainwash Bahais into accepting it. That
same process has continued for decades. It is no more valid today than when
it was first forged, despite all the deception that has followed. "By their
fruits one may know them." How rotten has been the fruit of that fraudulent
document!
Ron Price here wholly discredits Shoghi Effendi and pretends that the
Guardianship is a "literary heritage" and not an office that is held
by a human being. There is no other way to understand what Shoghi
Effendi wrote on the subject than it is an office held by a living
person. This complete disregard for the teachings of Shoghi Effendi
is the essence of violation.
Jeffrey
The real "essence of violation" was the substitution of a Shiite
imamate for the broad, open, liberal Interpretation of Baha'u'llah's
Teachings that His appointed Interpreter of His own Covenant had
publicly and repeatedly delivered by spoken and printed word to
the Bahai community.

The Reform Bahai Faith
www.ReformBahai.org

About the Reform Bahai Faith
http://www.reformbahai.org/about.html

Abdul-Baha's 1912 Authentic Covenant
www.reformbahai.org/Covenant.html

Comments on Abdul-Baha's 1912 Authentic Covenant
http://www.reformbahai.org/Covenant_comments.html
--
Chicago Tribune. Baha'i rift

Mirza Ahmad Sohrab
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship/SohrabEx.htm

Reform Bahai Faith
Rochester, Michigan USA
www.ReformBahai.org

Chicago Tribune. Baha'i rift. Baha'is upset with Orthodox Baha'i Faith May 18, 2009
http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/may/18/local/chi-bahai-18-may18

Comments posted to The Chicago Tribune Forum on one page:
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship/Chicago_Tribune.html

Yahoo Group - ReformBahai
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ReformBahai

Baha'i Faith & Religious Freedom of Conscience
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship
Freedom of Conscience

Jeffrey
2010-06-14 14:11:52 UTC
Post by Freedom of Conscience
There's another possibility I invite people to consider. It is that
the Authentic Covenant of Abdul-Baha was delivered in 1912 in New York,
the City of the Covenant, which is why New York came to be called that,
as widely recognized and acknowledged by the early Bahais and repeatedly
published in the Star of the West. For details, see
Frederick,

Of course, you are correct that the views I have espoused assume the
validity of the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Baha.

Jeffrey
Reform Bahai Faith