Wikipedia Entry > Baha'i Censorship of Frederick Glaysher Page
Freedom of Conscience
2010-10-22 14:18:26 UTC
Wikipedia Entry > Baha'i Censorship of Frederick Glaysher Page
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship/Wikipedia_Frederick_Glaysher.html

Wikipedia Request for Deletion Review PDF copy May 2010 (The request may have been in April but it appears to have been
removed.)

Wikipedia: Frederick Glaysher
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Glaysher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Radon_Detection/Frederick_Glaysher

Wikipedia:Deletion review/Log/2010 May 21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2010_May_21#Frederick_Glaysher

Wikipedia Discussion for Entry 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Frederick_Glaysher

Full Wikipedia Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Log/2008_April_4#Frederick_Glaysher

Deletionpedia - Frederick Glaysher (deleted 14 Apr 2008 at 17:10) [includes Page History of discussion]
deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Frederick_Glaysher

Frederick Glaysher - RoyalWeb entry
http://www.countyhistorian.com/cecilweb/index.php/Frederick_Glaysher

====[[:Frederick Glaysher]]====
:{{DRV links|Frederick Glaysher|xfd_page=Wikipedia:Articles for
deletion/Frederick_Glaysher|article=}}

May 21, 2010

I am appealing the decision of Wikipedia to delete the article on me, “Frederick Glaysher,” in April of 2008. Because of
the dominance of Baha’is of the largest Baha’i denomination on Wikipedia, I believe my appeal can not and will not
receive a fair hearing through the normal procedure. Because of the increasing importance of Wikipedia during the last
decade, and the Haifan Baha’i determination to keep any article about me off Wikipedia, I believe they have severely
damaged the recognition and growth of my career, as a poet and writer.

At the time the “Frederick Glaysher” article was under debate in 2008, Wjhonson observed,

"The attacks imho are religion-based as this person is a vocal critic of certain Baha'i institutions.
There is no evidence that his works are vanity-press publications. The article is fairly new and
deserves new eyes to expand it, instead of this pressure by a vested group or a few individuals to
suppress it. Wjhonson 4 April 2008"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Frederick_Glaysher

Wjhonson had also stated,"Their only purpose is to attack Glaysher. This del entry should be
voided on that basis solely...."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Log/2008_April_4#Frederick_Glaysher

In addition to Wjhonson, other Wikipedia participants also had misgivings about how the
discussion and deletion were conducted. Please refer to the Wikipedia database for details. The
record of my being a “vocal critic of certain Baha’i institutions” can be found on my website The
Baha'i Faith & Religious Freedom of Conscience, Documenting censorship and suppression of
free speech and conscience within the Baha'i Faith since 1998:
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship

Wjhonson created a Wiki page for me on his County Historian Wiki at
http://www.countyhistorian.com/cecilweb/index.php/Frederick_Glaysher

The “Frederick Glaysher” article there has had over 6,500 hits on it during the last two years,
which I believe demonstrate there’s significant interest in who I am and my career, both as a
poet and literary critic and as a reformer within the Bahai religious tradition. During the last two
years, significant new material has also made its way onto the Internet about my work as both a
poet and Bahai reformer.

In order to help Wikipedia understand the ferocity and deception involved in the treatment I have
received from Baha’is who dominate discussion of articles that they perceive to be related to
their interests, I believe it is necessary to describe in a few paragraphs the Bahai religious
conflict that is taking place behind the scenes on Wikipedia, and which led to the deletion of the
“Frederick Glaysher” article.

I have been publicly attacked by Baha’is and slandered in many venues, on and off-line, and as
an “apostate” by Moojan Momen in a leading British academic journal: ‘Marginality and
Apostasy in the Baha'i Community’" in Religion 37 [2007] 187–209.

My published “Response to Takfir” (denunciation of infidels) appeared in Religion 38 No 4
2008:
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship/archives/A_Response%20_to_Takfir.pdf
Original journal source

Since the Reform Bahai Faith has often been attacked and slandered in the past by the larger
denomination of the Baha'i Faith located in Haifa, Israel and Wilmette, Illinois, as have several
other Baha'i denominations, I must point out that I believe the Reform Bahai Faith has also been
misrepresented and suppressed on Wikipedia, by the Haifan Baha'is. As documentary evidence
of the harassment that several Bahai denominations regularly experienced from Haifan and
Wilmette Bahais, please visit the website of the Orthodox Bahais who are currently being sued
by the dominant Baha’i denomination in the US Court of Appeals, along with two other small
Bahai denominations. Contempt Motion by Wilmette NSA against Orthodox Bahá'í Faith:
http://trueseeker.typepad.com/true_seeker/court_case.html

On February 20, 2009, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals of Northern Illinois vigorously
questioned the Haifan Baha'is on their harassment of other denominations, including Reform
Bahai. Judge Diane S. Sykes stated that their conduct "Clearly raises some Constitutional
concerns." A brief 3-minute official court recording of the proceedings may be listened to at
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship/archives/US_Court_of_Appeals_2-20-09.mp3

A link is provided on the following page to the original 30-minute US Court recording from
which the 3-minute excerpt above is taken, should you wish to verify its authenticity:
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship/USCourt_Appeals09.htm

The Reform Bahai Faith is a peaceful, open, universal interpretation of the spiritual teachings of
the founder Baha'u'llah. Knowing that the Reform Bahai Faith has been misrepresented on
Wikipedia, when not completely suppressed, I ask you to consider our own understanding of
who we are and what we believe, if necessary. About the Reform Bahai Faith
http://www.reformbahai.org/about.html

All matters Baha’i aside, my career as a poet and writer is being adversely affected, and I appeal
to Wikipedia on that basis for an impartial evaluation and decision. I wish to note that my two
books of poems received over twenty-five reviews, several of which are available on the
Internet. Many poets on Wikipedia have nowhere near that number of reviews, including my
other citations, for instance, in an interview with the Nobel Laureate Saul Bellow.

If Wikipedia consensus does choose to permit an article on me, I request that consideration be
given to “locking” or handling it in some way that will prevent future abuse of it by continuing
Baha’i fanaticism directed against me out of religious hatred.

Thank you for your careful consideration of my appeal.

Frederick Glaysher
Books, poems, essays, reviews, interviews, blogs
http://www.fglaysher.com

Baha'i Faith & Religious Freedom of Conscience
Documenting censorship and suppression of free speech and conscience within the Baha'i Faith
since 1998:
http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship

Reform Bahai Faith
www.ReformBahai.org
NUR
2010-10-23 00:38:33 UTC
Wikipedia Entry > Baha'i Censorship of Frederick Glaysher Pagehttp://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship/Wikipedia_Frederick_Glaysher...
Wikipedia: Frederick Glaysherhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Glaysher
[...]
suppress it. Wjhonson 4 April 2008"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Frederic...
Wjhonson had also stated,"Their only purpose is to attack Glaysher. This del entry should be
voided on that basis solely...."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Log/2008...
free speech and conscience within the Baha'i Faith since 1998:http://www.fglaysher.com/bahaicensorship
Wjhonson created a Wiki page for me on his County Historian Wiki athttp://www.countyhistorian.com/cecilweb/index.php/Frederick_Glaysher
[...]
Luckily Wackopedia is the most widely discredited site on the internet
these days. So look at this as an endorsement of who you are.